PROJECT KICKOFF RESOURCES
Sample Engagement Kickoff Agenda
- Introductions – 5 minutes
- How did you get here? Discuss your background, credentials, and areas of interest (professionally and non-professionally).
- Overview of Company – 15 minutes
- Discuss the business model, industry, and product. Offer opportunities for Q&A at the end.
- Overview of Team and Organizational Structure – 10 minutes
- What does each department do at the company? If relevant, show an org chart.
- What departments are involved with the project?
- What team members should the student be aware of and/or connected to? If possible, introduce them during the kickoff meeting or at least provide contact information.
- Deep Dive on the Student Project – 20 minutes
- What are the goals for the engagement? Walk through the project charter, which will define the scope, timeline, milestones, and deliverables.
- How does this fit into the broader mission and structure of the company?
- Next Steps – 10 minutes
- What paperwork is required, when is it due? Are there any questions?
- When will the next meeting be scheduled?
- How should everyone communicate? In what cadence?
- When are deliverables due? What information is needed that the students don’t yet have access to?
We also want to highlight some best practices when launching these types of projects:
- Discuss the project structure and goals with all parties so everyone understands what to expect from this experience.
- Choose a kickoff meeting date and provide the host companies with a basic schedule of what to expect throughout the term.
- Set the expectations for communication including tone, cadence, channels, and frequency with all parties.
- Host a kickoff meeting and set expectations regarding next steps and immediate deliverables.
- Sign any necessary legal paperwork to solidify the relationship between the companies and students.